I really don’t think I can fully put into words what yoga means to me and my own Soulful Self Care. I have been practicing yoga for over 20 years. It started out as a way to exercise on my lunch hour. Quickly I realized there was way more to this yoga thing than just fitness. For me yoga is the most unique combination of physically exhilarating and challenging and yet calming, soothing and heart-Soul connecting at the same time!
In my further study of yoga I have come to know its really all about embodiment of our Spirit, of our Soulful Self. Being so conscious and present during yoga (because let’s be honest you cannot move through the poses if you are not present!) allows us to actually FEEL ourselves in this physical body. Conscious connection with our breath, our life force energy, while moving in our body brings us present to our deepest Self in a way nothing else can. We learn how to expand, become more flexible, stronger and more consciously aware while we are on the mat in order so we can live it off the mat.
Yoga is so much more than just Asanas (the poses). Yoga philosophy and history teaches us that yoga is an ancient, time-tested gateway to our Truth.
I am a 200 HR certified yoga teacher. I have also taken many continuing education courses in order to further my own yoga knowledge and experience. I look forward to seeing you on the mat.
Mondays and Thursdays 5PM CT
Main St Fitness
For more info contact Mary directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Pranayama- using the breath for deep connection, healing and shifting our energy
• Aromatherapy-enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy-the practice of using natural essential oils to enhance psychological and physical well being. I will be selecting specific essential oils to share and use to enhance healing.
• Soulful gentle yoga practice- this yoga practice will include some gentle, mindful movement followed by deeper restorative poses for deep relaxation and release
• Meditation- we will experience guided meditation practice to enhance connection to our deepest self and calm the busy mind
• Energy work- I will weave in Reiki and Bio-Energetic Synchronization Technique (BEST) as appropriate.
• Reflection- each retreat will have a focus or theme to support participants in connection to self, increasing awareness and consciousness and facilitating shifts in life experience
Mini retreats are limited to 4 participants. Cost $75 per person. Inquire or book by clicking the box below.
Mary’s hosted mini retreats are located at Dynamic Works Wellness Collective, 7943 Big Bend Blvd, Webster Groves, MO 63119.
60 minute private yoga sessions provide you individualized yoga instruction with poses chosen to support your individual goals and needs. This is a great option for those new to yoga or experienced yogi’s who want individual support.
Private yoga is offered at my office or we can arrange for me to come to your location. Inquire by clicking the box below.
“I had been thinking for quite some time that something was missing from my life and that there just had to be more for me. I knew it to my core, but had not idea what it was or how to find it. I have always believed that people appear in your life when you need them most, and Mary is proof for me. I had run into her around town a few times, been in conversations where her name kept coming up, and then one emotionally lost day I opened a local magazine straight to her advertisement. That was all I needed, my sign, and the moment I knew I need to reach out to her. Since working with Mary as my coach, I have been on an incredible journey to self-love and discovery. She has taught me how to see past the destruction of a cluttered and confused mind so that I can feel my heart and identify what truly makes me a happy and content woman.”